Monday, April 7, 2008

Tramites Fase Uno

quick notes on today:

Cenetrop took my blood. They are the only center that is "Immigration certified". yeah that's right blood for bolivia. i guess this happens to make sure i don't introduce any disease the country doesn't already have? i did have a nice conversation with a woman who was getting dengue blood tested. we bonded over platelets.

Interpol took my picture without me knowing (I walked into the Police Office of Foreigners to meet not my lawyer but my lawyer's helper) Upon my arrival lawyer's helper said to Official Man "es ella" translation: "That's her.. quick take a photo." Then in a more prepared state they took my mug shot followed by a sweet lateral view.

I learned briefly from my lawyer's helper that we are applying for me to obtain Permanent Residency for 1 year. I have only 30 days but i see the tramiting (paper processing) in action, so i think all is cool.

Tomorow lawyer's helper says "she will call me for the morning. together we will report to Petropaca (another Police office.. this is a placer name because at the moment I can't place which of the many police departments i have to report to).

yep.

No comments: