Tuesday, December 18, 2007

En Serio? Eso es asi.

hola chicos.

trabajo carajo! damn the man.. looks like life finally caught up to me and for the first blog experience i am feeling lost for words. before i was thinking about how incredible it is that my processing thus far has been displaced over space and time. i thought it was pretty cool to continue blindly and without fear in life, and reflect and realize in post- script ONLY.

today... the space and time collided. it had to happen at some point. of course as always i am fine, happy, still joking, and well grounded (helped along by the weight of lots of AWE). we can leave it at... i had an interesting, long day. i'm not really sure that i learned any lessons, but let's hope in the 12 hr period i grew my first thick skin (of the many i will need) .

long short nut cracker of it: this morn and then again this delightful eve, i was formally introduced to my Gringita presence and its grand implications. yes i am white. yes that means that most likely means i have money. or that one could suppose i have no idea what's going on and will give people money if they ask for it. yes that shouldn't mean that a person should purposefully bumper my car with his, causing quiet the crushing sound and causing a small dent a plastic thing to be ripped from my car. the guy eyed me, and then rammed my SUV. it was pretty great. luckily it was a small collision. there was lots of honking and a bit of me feeling kind crappy and like a stupid foreigner in a silly foreign country. anyways... he asked for lots of money, i gave him a fake number instead. so 1 bad thing happened.. but it was a small fix and the secretaries at the clinic were nice and helped me along. i will spare u the details of the rest of my day... but imagine the passing of 11 hours (without returning home, without eating) and being really stoked that i was almost home and that my day (the formal working part--i come home and attend to gringos so "work" never really ends) was almost half over.

so yeah me and suv stoked to be driving home. listening to some sweet music. had to stop at this Auto Body Car shop real quick to pick up my fixed plastic car part. it was about 6:30 pm. I parked the car... went to get the piece and pay the chico... and the sweet end to the day... back at the car a cop awaited me. he was also pretty into me being a gringa and also had pretty high hopes for how much money i'd be willing to give him. i showed him my int drivers permit ... he took it and began to walk away.... i made lots of fun phone calls. followed the crazy cop. chilled in his office with lots of fun male cops. asked them what i did, why they were locking me in their office and closing the Police quarter doors.. u know all the basics. 1 hour passed. the great thing: FINALLY, i didn't need no BLOG writing to realize what the hell was going on in my life. Oh yeah and the best part of the story... yes, The Colonel saved me. Who woulda thunk it:).

it was kind of a crappy day. kind of a lot. kind of a lot of emotions to hold in. but there were great parts of the day too that at the moment i'm a little too tired to explain. and a dog keeps running into me. love and felicidades for lives well lived.

No comments: